Remodeling a kitchen is one of the best investments homeowners can make for a room remodel. A kitchen is usually at the center of a home, both physically and socially. The family often gathers and celebrates there, and proper food preparation is impossible without it. Changing an aging, outdated kitchen for one with new design trends, better workflow space, and the best in modern appliances can help to renew an entire home. It also significantly raises the home’s market value.
However, a poorly done remodel will turn into a nightmare. A kitchen remodel involves numerous steps, and you want only the best contractors on each of them. Because plumbing is a huge part of the kitchen, hiring a professional plumbing contractor with remodeling experience to handle the plumbing remodeling parts of the job.
The Steps of a Plumbing Remodel
Unless you only plan to change out a few cabinets or put in a new countertop, you must have changes made to the plumbing during a kitchen remodel. A kitchen is filled with pipes, drains, and appliances that require special handling when the space is rearranged and redesigned. When you hire our plumbers for your kitchen remodeling, here are a few of the steps they take.
- Moving around the pipes. This is one of the basic jobs—plumbers have to redesign the layout of the current water supply pipes to account for the new kitchen layout. This can be the biggest job of all if the kitchen remodel is a significant one that’s changing the location of sinks and other appliances.
- Moving the drains. Getting the job done incorrectly can end up violating local plumbing codes, not to mention making the kitchen highly unsanitary.
- Moving and installing gas lines. This only applies to homes that use natural gas. But for those homes, it is essential that only licensed professionals do the work. Any unlicensed work on gas lines is a potential health hazard.
- New sink installation. Most kitchen remodels include putting in a new sink, and you can trust our plumbers to have a great new model in place.
- New garbage disposal installation. Usually a part of the sink installation. If you didn’t already have a garbage disposal, we highly recommend making it part of the remodel.
- Any other appliance installation. Also putting in a new dishwasher or a sprayer? The plumbers do this installation as well.
- Checking the work. A good plumber won’t just hook up the pipes and drains and dishwashers and let it go at that. They’ll test all their work to ensure there are no leaks or other impending problems.
To ensure the remodeling goes well, our plumbers will work with the general contractor. We know you want a speedy and effective kitchen remodel, and we’ll do everything we can to make the process smooth as we work with the other contractors.
To find out more about our plumbing services in Peoria, AZ and how we can assist you with a plumbing remodel, call our offices.
The Trusted Plumber serves Glendale, AZ and the surrounding areas. Speak to us today to arrange for complete kitchen plumbing services, including plumbing remodeling.