If your plumbing system runs into trouble, it’s a huge inconvenience to your daily life. You use many of the fixtures in your home every day, so without proper water pressure, temperature, and/or drainage, the most important tasks around the home become nearly impossible. You want to keep plumbing repairs at bay as much as possible, which is why plumbing maintenance is such a valuable service.
For a one-time cost, a plumber inspects every portion of your plumbing system, making sure that nothing keeps you from getting through the parts of your day that require a supply of water and easy drainage. Parts of your system are also cleaned and adjusted, which means you may not have to worry about sudden clogs, burst pipes, or parts failure for a long time to come. So what does plumbing maintenance cover? Nearly every fixture and pipe in your home! Here are some of the parts that may need the most attention during a maintenance visit.
- Water and Sewer Lines: Sudden leaks from water and sewer lines can cause big damage to your property, which is why it’s important for a plumber to inspect your pipes once a year. The plumber will tell you whether parts of your pipe have corroded and need replacement, or if they are at risk for other problems.
- Drains: Drain clogs are not only an annoyance, they can also cause an imbalance with the pressure in your pipes, resulting in backup. Drain cleaning is a standard part of maintenance that can prevent future clogs from occurring.
- Water Heater: A plumber will check for damaged water heater components such as a rusty anode rod or a cracked dip tube, and they may also flush the tank to drain any sediment.
- Water Treatment System: If you have a reverse osmosis system or any other water treatment system, maintenance can give you peace of mind that your unit is still working as it should.
- Various Fixtures: Plumbers also check toilets, faucets, and showerheads for leaks, problems with water pressure, or mineral buildup that needs descaling.
These are just some of the services a technician can provide during annual plumbing maintenance. For plumbing maintenance in Phoenix, AZ, call The Trusted Plumber today!