Having clean water isn’t just about taste, it’s important to your health. If you are looking to add a water filtration system to your home, you may want to consider the installation of a reverse osmosis system. Reverse osmosis systems do not need a mechanical filter and can remove up to 99% of impurities. If you’ve been concerned about your water and have been considering the installation of a water filtration system in Peoria, AZ, then call the experts at The Trusted Plumber today.
Osmosis is the process by which a fluid, such as clean water, will naturally move toward water with a higher solute, i.e., more contaminants. Reverse osmosis is the opposite. By utilizing high pressure to push water through a semipermeable membrane, contaminants and impurities can be removed, leaving pure, clean water on one side of the membrane and waste on the other. Broken down into steps, the process looks like this:
- Your turn on your water tap and water flows in your system
- The water reaches the membrane
- The water pressure forces the water through the membrane, but the impurities, particles and contaminants cannot get through the membrane
- The cleaned water arrives at your faucet
- All strained impurities and contaminants are expelled from your system to the collection tank
Reverse osmosis is used to desalinate water, so just imagine the power it can have in your home.
Kind of Contaminants Removed
Here are some of the contaminants removed by reverse osmosis:
- Sodium (salt)
A reverse osmosis system will also remove bacteria from the water and any other particles that are larger than .001 microns.
The Benefits of Reverse Osmosis
- Water that is 99% pure
- Improved taste
- No worries about odors or appearance
- No mechanical devices
- Discards captured impurities on its own
- Blends seamlessly with your home plumbing
The Trusted Plumber has been helping customers with water filtration systems in Peoria, AZ, for a long time and we can help you, too. Call us today and schedule an appointment with one of our experts.