Drain and Sewer
Water Treatment Systems
- Maintenance Program
Professional Drain Cleaning in Glendale, AZ
Drains clogs are an unfortunate fact of life with plumbing systems. From slow drains to full blockages, these annoyances can crop up at the worst times. You can take a few basic steps to reduce the chance that you’ll experience drain clogs, but eventually you will need to call for expert plumbers to come to your house, eliminate a clog, and give the drains a cleaning that will help prevent future obstructions.
Drain cleaning is also a regular service professionals perform to keep drainage systems free from the build-up that will create increased water pressure and lead to frequent clogging. Call The Trusted Plumber when you need drain unclogging or regular drain cleaning in Glendale, AZ, and we will send one of our certified plumbers to handle the job.
When you need drain cleaning in Glendale, AZ or the surrounding areas, look no further than the certified plumbers at The Trusted Plumber for fast and effective service.
Common Causes of Dirty and Clogged Drains in Glendale, AZ
Tens of thousands of gallons of water go through the drains of the average home every year, and that means residential drainpipes will suffer from heavy stress. Some of the wastewater that enters drains contains material that clings to the pipe interiors and lead to narrowed or blocked drains:
- Fat, Grease, and Oil: In hot liquid form, these substances seem harmless, but they are one of the #1 enemies of drains. When they cool down, they change into tough solids similar to wax that will begin to coat the inside of the drain, raising water pressure and making clogs hard to avoid.
- Inorganic Waste: You should never use the drains in your home as garbage receptacles (especially not the garbage disposal, despite its name). This material will often get caught down in drains or the sewage system and create problems.
- Hard Water Deposits: The minerals found in hard water will start to leave calcite deposits inside pipes. You will need professional drain cleaning to remove this, and your plumber may also advise that you install a whole–house water softener to eliminate hard water troubles in the future.
How Professional Plumbers Clean and Unclog a Drain
Plumbers use a variety of tools to perform drain cleaning, either to get rid of clogs or for regular service:
- Motorized Drain Snakes: These are more powerful versions of the hand–crank drain augers that use a corkscrew motion to dig down into clogs and either break them up or remove them. Powerful motorized drain snakes have the potential to harm drainpipes unless they are in the hands of professionals, so do not attempt to use one yourself.
- Hydro–Jetting: This is a scouring service that blasts high–pressure hot water along the interior of a pipe. Plumbers can break through clogs using this action, but they also use hydro–jetters to provide comprehensive cleaning that wipes away organic and hard water deposits and restores drainpipes to like–new condition.
Call for Expert Drain Cleaning Service in Glendale, AZ
It is important that you don’t attempt to clean out your drains on your own, beyond using a standard sink plunger. It’s tempting to purchase chemical drain cleaners from a store and pour them down the blocked drain, but you should never do this: these chemicals can eat away at the interior of pipes and damage them, and they create toxic fumes that are unhealthy for your household. This job requires trained and certified plumbers.
The people to call for drain service are at The Trusted Plumber near Glendale. All our plumbers are certified and have the skill and experience necessary to provide you with the ways and means to get rid of clogs and keep them from coming back.
Call Us for Regular Service or Whenever an Emergency Strikes—Any Time of the Day or Night!